CO gas leak in Church-Portable Toxic Gas Monitors detect the problem

Gas Detectors
Spread the love

So now we can have gas leaks in a Church too! If you thought that toxic gas monitors are necessary to be installed only in industrial plants, you’re wrong! You may need them in as safe a place as a Church.

AP reports that the local Authorities in Madison, Wisconsin said that six people — including a toddler — got sick from carbon monoxide poisoning during a Sunday church service in Madison. The first indication that there was a problem came at 11:01 a.m. when paramedics were called to attend to a 2-year-old child who was reported to be groggy . The parents of the child decided to transport the child to the hospital on their own.

Fortunately  by the time a second distress call was reported to the local Fire Department, Engine Company 4 responded, bringing along monitors to check air quality at the church. The portable Carbon Monoxide toxic gas monitors showed a CO level of 3000 ppm- more than 100 times the safe limit!

The incident shows the importance of having portable toxic gas monitors handy in all places and not just industrial plants.

All about Gas Monitors and Gas Detectors

↑ Grab this Headline Animator